Title: The Man who Walked Between the Towers Author: Gerstein, Mordicai
Illustrator: n/a
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press 2003
Genre: Primary Picture Book
Age range: K-3
Summary: This is the story about a man who walked on a tightrope from the World Trade towers. He did this in 1974 when the towers were first built. After he walked on the tight rope, he was arrested for it. Although, his punishment was to perform in front of children, which he enjoyed doing.
Response: This is a true story about when the towers were first built. I had never heard this story before and I thought it was very interesting. I feel like this would be a good book to read around September 11th. You could tie in a lesson about the towers on the day that you read this book.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment