Author: Carle, Eric
Illustrator: n/a
Publisher & Date: Aladdin Paperbacks, New York; 1987
Genre: Predictable Picture Book
Age Range: K-3
Summary: This book is about a boy who lost his cat. He is trying to find it by asking many people. Those that he asks show him many cats from the wild, thinking that they are the boys. Eventually, he does find his cat.
Response: This book had a lot of repetition of the same phrase, "have you seen my cat?" It was not a very fun read by I do always love the illustrations in Eric Carle's book. It was almost too repetitive. Some children may enjoy it, I do not think I would have when I was younger. I feel as though there just was not much to it to grab a reader's attention. It was definitely a predictable and an easy read. It got the point across, but it was not a very fun read.
No comments:
Post a Comment