Title: Prince of Persia
Author: Jordan Mechner & A.B. Sina
Illustrator: LeUyen Pham & Alex Puvilland
Genre: Graphic Novel: Multicultural
Publisher: New York & London 2008
Age: 9 & up
Summary: Prince of Persia is a video game that has been turned into books. It is about two princes that were born hundreds of years apart. The prince meets Elika and hears about her life. They become close and she tells him about how she died. The prince used the life from a tree to make Elika come back to life and he saves her.
Response: Graphic novels do not really interest me as much as they might many other people. But, I thought this one was a very fun read and I think students, especially young boys would really enjoy it. The pictures were very appealing to the eye and I feel that images are what make or break a graphic novel. Overall, the book was enjoyable to read even though it is made based off of a video game.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment