Monday, November 9, 2009

Nonfiction: Primary

Title: Sea Horse: The Shyest Fish in the Sea
Author: Chris Butterworth
Illustrator: John Lawrence
Genre: Nonfiction: Primary
Publisher: Candlewick Press 2004
Age: Pre K- 3rd grade
Summary: Talks about how seahorses are known as the shyest fish in the sea.  They swim upright and have small fins on their head.  Seahorses change color when they feel like they are in danger.  The book also talks about how seahorses are loyal to their mates.  Also, their babies are so tiny that they float away with the currents.  

Response:  This book was very cool to read.  It had a lot of interesting and fun facts.  I have always loved seahorses and I never realized that the men were the ones who had the pouches.  This would be a great book for children to read if they are really interested in the ocean.  The pictures were not as exciting as I hoped they would be, but the facts made up for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment