Monday, October 19, 2009

Fractured Fairytale

Title: The Wolf who Cried Boy
Author: Hartman, Bob
Illustrator: Raglin, Tim
Publisher: GP Putnam's Sons 2002
Genre: Fractured Fairytale
Age: K-3
Summary: The little wolf complains about dinner and asks why they don't eat boy anymore.  He tells his parents he found a boy and they search all over.  While they are gone, Little Wolf ruins dinner so they would just have to eat snacks.  His parents caught on to what he was doing and decided to ignore him.  Then a boy came into their cave and the parents did not notice because they thought the wolf was lying still.
Response: This fairytale was different than all the other ones that I've read.  Everything seemed reversed.  These were not very popular when I was younger.  It was very funny and I think kids would definitely enjoy reading this book.  It is very unusual but grabs attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment